Labels

church (9) music (7) music ministry (6) fun (4) Christianity (3) books (3) guitar (3) God (2) blogging (2) Beauty (1) Food (1) Google (1) Life (1) family (1) piano (1) sports (1) weather (1)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Heart of the Artist

Last Sunday I went to my "house-sitting" church (my adopted church when I house-sit for my Aunt & Uncle). I decided to go talk to the music director after the service. I had a few(a ton of) questions for her. She was SO kind and encouraging. She gave me her email and a book to borrow called "The Heart of the Artist" by Rory Noland.

I've never felt adequate or qualified to run the music ministry at my church, and I'm not! When the last piano player moved away, I was the only musician left, so I took the reins. BUT...God helped me to see that He didn't care if I had a degree in music ministry or any experience at all for that matter. He opened my eyes to see that all I needed was Him; all I needed was to trust my God and He would take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment